• Gluten Free Pizza, Worcester, MA on Nov. 5, ’06

by Ellen on October 18, 2006 · 8 comments

On Nov. 5, the Boynton Restaurant in Worcester, MA (about an hour from Boston) will be having a GLUTEN FREE pizza night. And salad with GLUTEN FREE dressing. And GLUTEN FREE BEER if you so choose. And GLUTEN FREE triple chocolate cake for dessert made by a local pastry chef who is very aware of cross contamination! Your support on that day is extremely important – this is a trial run – if there is enough interest, this will happen again and again. Please do everything you can do to come to the Boynton that day – bring friends and family – and help establish what we hope will be a regular occurence in central Massachusetts. Please rsvp to guarantee your place, as it is by reservation only.

I’ve tasted this pizza and it is fantastic. The crust is perfect, the toppings are fabulous. And wait till you see the dessert. You’ll flip your lid when you realize that we can eat like this, safely at a local restaurant!!!

RSVP by October 30, 2006
    To Rick Fask: Call 508 754-1401 or email [email protected]

Please note that I have absolutely no financial gain in this – it’s been almost a year since my Celiac diagnosis and though I’ve tried a lot of the commercially prepared gluten free pizzas, none of them even come close to the one you’ll eat at the Boynton! I’ve tasted it and it is fantastic! See you there!

Chris October 19, 2006 at 7:18 am

This sounds wonderful! I’ll have to see if we can get a sitter and make our way to Worcester (1 1 1/2 hours from us.)

Anonymous October 23, 2006 at 1:37 pm

Thanks for the information. I had a very nice chat with Rick since I can’t make it 11/5 and was happy to hear all of his great plans for gluten-free food to be offered at the Boynton!

Cherlyn Flanagan

J October 27, 2006 at 6:03 pm

Thanks for posting this. I just found your blog via celiac.com. I’m in Central MA and love your restaurant suggestions and recipes!

juli October 29, 2006 at 10:18 pm

I ran across your blog while searching the internet. I am a very newly diagnosed Celiac and have spent my weekend being very depressed while searching for replacement food. I have been pleased to find some great food and when I see posts like this, I feel that there is hope for my future hapiness with food. My parents live in Pawtucket, RI and a trip to Worcester is definitely do-able! Thanks!

GrewUpRural October 30, 2006 at 9:02 am

Thank you for this post. My boyfriend and I will be coming up from Warwick, RI for this. Pizza is definitely the one thing that I miss the most. I can’t wait.

Jess November 24, 2006 at 3:02 pm

Shoot! I live just around the corner and am bummed to have missed this event. I hope they’ll do another GF night soon.

Ellen November 25, 2006 at 7:25 am

Juli,

I hope things have gotten better for you and that you’re seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. While there are definitely some challenges eating GF, the benefits far outweigh the difficulties. And there is SO much food you can eat. A good part of your success will lie in your mindset. If you decide that this is going to work for you, then you will make it work for you. And you won’t worry about pleasing or annoying others – whether friends or family or waitstaff at restaurants. You’ll just make the necessary adjustments to keep yourself healthy. Know that there are others on the same journey with you keeping you company all the way! I hope you had a happy, delicious, GF Thanksgiving!
    Ellen

Ellen November 25, 2006 at 7:27 am

Jess,

The Boynton has GF pizza every day for lunch and/or dinner. And they have a GF menu with three different entrees every Wednesday from 5 – 10 PM. Definitely try it – I know you’ll love it. We went there this past Wednesday night and I had GF ribs and oven roasted potatoes and broccoli (all made in a separate GF oven). And three layer chocolate mousse cake – GF of course! It was all delicious!