Hee, hee, hee. Iâ€™m having fun now.
So, thatâ€™s one reason Iâ€™m participating. The other reason is that Joe Lewis, the person who pinged me with this meme (not sure if thatâ€™s even the right lingo) is a fellow musician. Plus, not that long ago, he helped me with a technical aspect regarding my blog and Iâ€™m very grateful for his help.
The rules for this meme are:
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
Ok, here are the 8 random things about me:
1. I studied piano from the age of five through college. At the age of 52, I am now pretty accomplished as a classical pianist, but I still like to study with great teachers and get feedback from them. Iâ€™m hoping to give a recital soon.
2. I think the Food Network should hire me to do a gluten-free cooking show. I know it would be a hit. Iâ€™m a natural. I love to cook, Iâ€™m really good on camera. Iâ€™m used to getting up in front of people because of the work that my husband and I do (see our website www.peterandellen.com). And the world needs a gluten-free cooking show. Iâ€™m sure of it. I also think I could write a damn good gluten-free cookbook â€“ sort of a lifestyle cookbook. Come on publishers, where are you?!?
3. I really want to incorporate more raw food into my diet. Iâ€™ve read a lot about it and have begun accumulating raw recipes. I canâ€™t imagine going completely raw, though I will confess that I feel like a million bucks when I eat only raw food.
4. My husband and I have written over 150 Jewish songs for young children. You can hear some of them at our website or at oysongs.com.
5. I met my husband on April 30, 1994. We got married on April 20, 1996. To this day, when he walks into the room, my heart skips a beat. Sometimes I even swoon.
6. I love studying Jewish texts. Iâ€™m very fortunate to have a teacher with whom I study once a week and have been doing so for about one year. He is a retired rabbi and is very wise, very patient, and very kind. His name is Rabbi David L. Kline.
7. Peter and I are ridiculously busy with our work as childrenâ€™s musicians, workshop clinicians, and recording artists. We desperately need someone to book our work, but have not been able to find someone to do so. We came close, about a month ago. But this particular booking agent decided that she didnâ€™t have the time to take us on. If we find the right person, it will be wonderful for all parties involved. Maybe by posting this 7th thing about me, maybe the right person will walk into our lives. Wouldn’t that be grand?
8. I think itâ€™s easy to be upbeat, chipper, and super motivated about everything. Especially life. I am a very happy and blessed human being.
Ok, to pass the torch onto 8 others, some of whom know me, some of whom probably don’t. But they all write blogs and help me learn about how others live with Celiac Disease, how to make my blog be as effective as possible, how to incorporate more raw and vegan food into my life and finally, a woman who is a rabbi and writes so beautifully and who makes me want to continue studying as many Jewish texts as I can:
6. Velvetten Rabbi