• Summer Smoothie

by Ellen on July 10, 2008 · 6 comments

This smoothie was downright delicious. And so simple to make. What’s not to like, eh?

Chocolate Strawberry Banana Smoothie

1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    1 frozen banana
    1 cup plain soymilk (HOMEMADE)
    1 tsp vanilla extract (HOMEMADE – I’ll Blog about it soon, I promise)
    1 tbsp organic chocolate syrup

Put all the ingredients into the blender and whirl away. Then sip slowly. Watch out for mustaches.

Note: If you use vanilla soymilk, eliminate the teaspoon of vanilla extract.

This morning I made another one though I forgot to take a picture. It had fresh blueberries (I had just returned home from picking them), frozen strawberries, frozen banana, soymilk, vanilla extract. That’s all! You too can make your own creation. Your smoothie can be made from any of your favorite fruits. You can use milk (your favorite kind), juice, yogurt, frozen yogurt, ice cream – whatever you choose! Add flavorings as desired. Experiment and enjoy.

What’s your favorite smoothie?

Sarah July 14, 2008 at 8:32 pm

Oh, yes! This smoothie sounds so good! I’m a huge chocolate fan and a huge strawberry fan, so I’m definitely trying this.

Thanks for sharing.

Karen July 16, 2008 at 11:18 pm

That sure looks tasty! What brand of organic chocolate do you use?

Ellen July 17, 2008 at 7:42 am

Sarah – let me know when you try it – I’m sure you’ll love it!

Karen – I used Santa Cruz Organic Chocolate Flavored Syrup. Yummified!

Carrie July 26, 2008 at 7:16 pm

this was DELISH ellen!! I added fresh blueberries! Super yummy!! It’s good to know a great use for all those frozen bananas I seem to accumulate!!

My name is Ellen. July 27, 2008 at 6:05 am

Carrie – so glad you enjoyed it. We went blueberry picking twice in the last few weeks and I now have about 4 ziplock bags full of blueberries in my freezer! Between the frozen bananas and the frozen blueberries (or blueb’s, as we call them), we’ll be drinking these smoothies all year long!

Lisa August 1, 2010 at 5:57 pm

I can't seem to pull up the Cheezy sauce (Vegan Mexican Nacho Sauce)
    … I am dairy-free and gluten-free, too!
    I am very excited to find/read/enjoy your site!

I am excited to try the corn chips, almond milk, smoothies, and cinnamon bagels!

Thanks!