It is a wonderful invention!
Would you like to win one of these? Read on!
For my money, there’s nothing as slimey and unpleasant as unpressed tofu, even if the tofu is extra firm. I just don’t care for the mouth feel of wet tofu. In fact, until I learned about pressing tofu, I never ate it. Wouldn’t go near it with a ten foot pole!
Enter stage right: TofuXpress. I bought two of these and want to share one of them with a lucky reader!
Before owning my very own TofuXpress, when I drained my tofu, I would place it between two dinner-sized plates and then I would sit a heavy cast iron pot on the top plate. After an hour or so, I would remove the cast iron pot and the top plate and then drain the water from the plate on which the tofu sat. It was an annoying but necessary step, if I wanted to have my tofu and eat it too! But now it’s as simple as:
1. Open the package of tofu
2. Drain the water
3. Place the tofu in the TofuXpress
4. Press the top thing-a-ma-jiggie down onto the tofu and walk away!
Doesn’t even take a whole hour. It does such an effective job of pressing the water that it reduces the pressing time as well. And the end result is tofu that is perfectly textured.
WIN YOUR OWN TOFUXPRESS!
TO ENTER THE CONTEST, FOLLOW THESE 3 STEPS
BY MIDNIGHT ON DEC. 31, 2009:
1. At your blog, create a blog post mentioning this TofuXpress contest.
2. Make sure to link back to my blog post using the following URL: http://iamglutenfree.blogspot.com/2009/12/win-tofuxpress-make-gluten-free-stir.html
2. Leave a comment below with a link to your blog post by midnight on Dec. 31st, 2009 so that I know you entered the TofuXpress contest! In your comment, please explain why you want to win this TofuXpress. If you’re so inclined, though it’s not necessary, add a link to a tofu recipe that you like (hint, my blog has plenty of them!).
On Jan. 1, 2010, I will enter the total number of people who entered the contest into a form at www.random.org. It will create a randomly ordered list. The first number on the list will be the winner. I will announce the winner on my January 2, 2010 blog post. Good luck!