- It’s a no brainer. Sub quinoa for bulghur and voila, Quinoa Tabouli.
- On a flexibility scale, quinoa gets a 10 when you use it to make Quinoa Tabouli. You can dress it up or down, adding different vegetables to the final mix, depending on what you have in the frig. Though don’t imagine that you can use that gnarly looking scallion you found hiding under a bag of carrots in your frig. Scallions are key and they’ve gotta be fresh and perky.
- Quinoa is gluten free. Bingo. Say no more. And WAY full of protein.
- Quinoa comes int three different colors. Red. Black. Regular ol’ beige. Can you even believe it?
- Quinoa is ridiculously easy and quick to cook. You can microwave it, cook it on the stovetop, or throw it into a rice cooker (don’t blink, it cooks really fast, not kidding).
- When the temperature doesn’t climb much out of the single digits and I need to wrack my brain to remember what summer feels like, Quinoa Tabouli comes to the rescue. Nothing brings me back to the dog days of our New England summers more quickly than this gluten free gift to my repertoire of summer recipes.
When I found out, early on in my gluten free days, that the Tabouli recipe I’d been making for years wasn’t gluten free, I wept. Big crocodile tears. No more bulghur for this gluten free diva. And then I discovered quinoa and seismic changes were made in my gluten free world. I’m talking LOVE. And for more than one reason.