Gluten Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
I’ve been making the same homemade gluten free balsamic vinaigrette for years. It’s become my signature and I’m proud of it. I used to measure but after awhile I could tell just by the color and consistency when it was just right. Problem is, now I can’t give you proportions. But the truth is, I WANT you to become self-sufficient. I encourage you to try things, a little bit of this, a little bit of that, until it meets your specifications.
One more thing. A friend of mine, Hayley Hobson (www.hayleyhobson.com
), suggested I add a few drops of doTERRA Lavender Essential Oil. It was a smashing success. It took a fabulous salad dressing and made it soar. Now that I’ve become a crazed-for-doTERRA-essential-oils consultant, I’m adding the magic potions to everything I possibly can. If you’re interested in learning more about the oils, click on the far right tab in my nav bar.
So, I’ll give you the basic template, and then I’ll let you go to town with it.
Homemade Lavender Balsamic Vinagrette
white balsamic vinegar
couple of cloves of garlic, minced
extra virgin olive oil
squirt of agave
- Pour some white balsamic vinegar into a bowl or measuring cup. Maybe about ¼ cup.
- Add about a tsp of dijon mustard and whisk until the mustard is emulsified.
- Add a couple of cloves of minced garlic.
- Now, here comes the tricky part. Add the EVOO, whisking as you do, until it thickens. Taste as you go along until it seems just right.
- Add a squirt of agave or sweetener of choice.