- I work with people who are sick and tired of being sick and tired.
- I work with people who want to get rid of the bloat once and for all, people who are ready for a transformation.
- I work with people who are newly gluten free and teach them how to choose food that feels great in their body without compromising on flavor or feeling like they’re missing out on the simple pleasures that eating provides.
I understand you. I’ve been there. For as long as I can remember, I experienced bloat after every meal. EVERY MEAL! Only thing is, I had no idea that this wasn’t normal. I thought everyone felt bloated after they ate. It didn’t even occur to me to ask for help.
And there was the psoriasis I had from a very young age.
And then, at the age of 50, six months after being diagnosed with Alopecia (an autoimmune disorder that causes hair loss), I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. The moment I eliminated gluten, followed by dairy, from my diet, the bloat disappeared. And my hair began to regrow. Just like that.
But there’s more to my story.
I experienced a lifetime of pity parties. Of self-loathing, blame, guilt, beating myself up mercilessly because I had convinced myself that I was a disgusting pig. I believed that I overate all the time and that the bloat was a result of my overeating and lack of control. I convinced myself that nobody would like me unless I got it “right”. Here was the cycle: every day, I ate bagels, wheat bread, pasta, cookies – you name it, if it contained gluten, I ate it! And every single day, I was bloated beyond belief. I convinced myself that the bloat was a result of my overeating which led to believing that I never got it right and thus I was a failure. My self-esteem was in a constant state of nose-dive AND I had an unending, obsessive need to do everything perfectly. Little did I know back then that it was the gluten putting me in a constant state of massive bloat. I never, ever talked to anyone about this. I also never even imagined that something beyond my choices could be contributing to this bloat. Instead, I beat myself up for being a gluttonous pig and punished myself by then eating massive amounts (half a package of Oreos, for example) of all the things that actually only made the bloat worse. This went on day after day, for years. Oh, and then there was endless binge dieting. It was a never-ending cycle that didn’t end until I was diagnosed with Celiac. You know how I banished the bloat? I banished gluten from my life.
Does this sound familiar? Have you ever felt this way?
- Do you ever wake up in the morning still feeling full from last nights’ dinner?
- Do you feel exhausted after you eat? And bloated beyond belief?
- Do you wonder if you should buy stock in Tums antacids?
- Do you wish you could eat a meal without having to unzip your jeans?
- Do you wish you could talk to someone who understood your situation?
If you said yes to any of these questions, rest-assured, you’re not alone. You’ve come to the right place.
I want to help you. I want to show you how you can live without the bloat, without the distended stomach, without the exhaustion, without thinking you’re out of control. I am ready to help you. Please note that breakthrough sessions are based on current availability. All information is kept strictly confidential. Click below to schedule the first step in your transformation. Please note that if we decide to work together after your initial session, your $47 will be applied to your program fee.
“Before working with Ellen, I felt overwhelmed with my life. My energy level was low and my weight was on the rise. I knew that I needed to make changes in my life but didn’t know where or how to start. After 5 months, I have been able to make healthier choices in my diet. I have been able to explore the patterns which have kept me captive in a vicious circle of self-defeating behaviors. With her gentle coaching, I have been able to break my life into manageable portions which has enabled and empowered me to make lasting changes which will dramatically improve my overall quality of life. I am nbow sleeping better, exercising more and feel a greatly reduced level of stress in my life. When I look back at the moment I made the decision to do this for myself, I feel as if I finally invested in my future health and well being. I highly recommend this program if you’ve struggled with weight, positive self image, a baseline reduction in energy and the restoration of a sense of beauty and order in your life.” Katyah Gohr
My areas of expertise include:
- Nutrition and Dietary Theories
- Lifestyle Management
- Systems, Support & Accountability
- Partnering with you to help you create a healthy gluten free life which may include focusing on relationships, career, spirituality and fitness
My education and professional training includes:
- Certification as a Holistic Health coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Bachelor of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in Education
- Certification by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- Certification as a Transformational Health Coach